I love cheese, and I love peaches. And I am totally over salads. So this grilled cheese happened last night, and I definitely recommend you making it as soon as possible if you have as many peaches lying around as I do.
Here’s what I used:
- 2 slices of sprouted whole grain bread (you can use any kind of bread you like)
- 2 small balls of mozzarella, cut into slices
- 1 cube of frozen basil, broken into pieces
- 1/2 of peach, cut into slices
- 2 slices of heirloom tomato
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
Here’s what I did:
- Place peaches in lightly greased pan and broil for about 5 minutes or until slightly caramelized. Remove from oven.
- Arrange bread on plate and start by placing the mozzarella on both sides of the bread, then the basil, tomatoes and peaches.
- Heat a skillet and lightly coat with olive oil. Put the arranged sandwich in, and cover with a lid to help the heat build up. After about 3 minutes, or until one side of the sandwich is toasted, turn over and cook the other side.
- After both sides are golden-brown and the cheese is melted, remove from heat, cut in half and serve!