I love breakfast. I’m definitely not a pancakes and biscuits person, they don’t keep me full for long enough, but I love eggs and veggies, and I love having them in new and interesting ways. I’d seen a lot of recipes on the internet that involved making “breakfast cups,” and decided to put my own spin them. These are really easy to make and really easy to play with and apparently paleo too, if that’s something you’re into.
Here’s what I used (makes 4 cups):
- Olive oil
- 2 slices of turkey breast, cut in half
- 2 slices of prosciutto, cut in half
- quarter of a red onion, chopped
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 2 cups of spinach
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what I did:
- Heat about 2 T olive oil in a pan and add onion, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent and mushrooms have started to release their juices. Add in spinach and cook just until wilted.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil a muffin tin with olive oil and line with the turkey and prosciutto.
- Once the vegetable mixture is ready, fill the turkey and prosciutto cups about half-way. I ended up with leftover vegetable mixture, but it’s delicious to eat on its own as a side.
- Crack one egg onto each cup being careful not to let it run over (if it does though, really not a big deal).
- Bake in oven set to 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until cooked.
- All to cool for about 5 minutes and then remove with a plastic spatula (or spoonula). Enjoy with coffee!